Agia Anna Philoptochos Society Celebrates 80th AnniversarySunday, September 16th, Agia Anna Philoptochos observed it’s 80th Anniversary (1937-2018). During our celebration, we honored three ladies who began their work in our chapter in 1967, offering 51 years of continuous service to our community. We want to congratulate Theodora Filiopoulos, Stella Katcheves, and Angela Nikiforou.
About the Agia Anna Philoptochos Society
The Agia Anna Philoptochos Society was formed in 1938 under the guidance of the Very Rev. Ioachim Papachristou, with a small group of ladies on the nameday of Saint Anna. Hence the name Agia Anna was given to the Annapolis Chapter.
Over the past 80 years, the Ladies Philoptochos assumed many leadership positions in planning and creating this viable community of Ss. Constantine and Helen, which was built in 1949. The many activities over the years have helped place this Philoptochos Chapter as one of the top ten chapters in the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
The chapter's involvement in philanthropic activities continues to expand every year. With your involvement, we can grow even more in the future.